Shoaib Malik allowed to play PCL -Port City Cricket League (PCL)- News- 2010-9

Shoaib Malik allowed to play PCL (GEO Sports)

LAHORE: The Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) has allowed allrounder Shoaib Malik to take part in the PCL.

The PCL will commence on March 26 in Sharjah.

Sources said that the board’s stance was that Malik is not available to the national team due to one-year ban and this is why he has been permitted to play league cricket.

Earlier, the PCB also allowed star batsman Mohammad Yousuf to participate in the PCL.




@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Shoaib Malik will play PCL before appealing against ban
@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
Sourvce: Cricdb

Former captain Shoaib Malik has delayed his plan to lodge an appeal against his one-year ban slapped by the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB).

Malik was among seven cricketers who were imposed barbarous penalties by PCB in wake disastrous tour of Australia. The PCB later has given 30 days to appeal. “By all means I am going to defend myself because I have a 12-year clean cricket career and I want to keep it clean, that is why I am fully committed to appeal against the decision,” Malik told reporter at Gaddafi Stadium in Lahore.

The PCB governing board has appointed two retired Supreme Court judges - Muneer Sheikh and Jamshed Ali Shah - and former High Court judge Irfan Qadir, who will deal with appeals. “I will be back in time to submit my appeal with PCB at the moment I am consulting friends and experts on this issue but one thing is very clear that I will appeal against it.”

Despite a 12-month ban PCB permitted Malik to join Bangladesh's Port City League (PCL), which is scheduled to be played in Sharjah from March 26. "Cricket is my passion and I live for it. I love cricket and cannot think of life without it," said Malik - who has played 29 Tests, 190 one-day and 30 Twenty20 internationals for Pakistan.
@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

0 comments:

  © Copyright @ Live Online World Cricket 2008

Back to TOP