"The Port City League (PCL) T20 in Sharjah next week will be my last competition as a player--” Habibul- Port City Cricket League (PCL)- News- 2010-13

Former Bangladesh captain Habibul Bashar announced his retirement from all forms of cricket on Monday.

“It has been a terrific journey for me and after two decades of international, first class and cub cricket I feel I have reached the end of the road. The Port City League (PCL) T20 in Sharjah next week will be my last competition as a player,” Habibul wrote in his letter to the Bangladesh Cricket Board (BCB).

“I thank the BCB for giving me the honour of captaining Bangladesh and for the support throughout my career,” Habibul wrote. “I will cherish the memories of my time in the Bangladesh dressing room and my heartfelt gratitude goes out to all the players, coaches, team officials and staff I have had the privilege of knowing and working with.

Habibul played 50 Tests, including Bangladesh’s inaugural Test in 2000. He went on to lead the side in 18 Tests, including one victory and four draws.

As a batsman, Habibul finished with a Test average of 30.87. He was dropped from the national side after a protracted run of poor form and headed to the ICL in 2008.
Source: www.dawn.com

0 comments:

  © Copyright @ Live Online World Cricket 2008

Back to TOP